Aug 10, 2009

2nd Round!




Its been a year and a month since I was last in Swaziland. We left the moringa project with Thokozane and everything has gone wonderfully well; the moringa trees are growing at all the sites, more groups are interested in growing it, and folks are developing a liking to the moringa leaf powder. I could not have asked for more.

Tomorrow at 5 pm, Im departing for Swaziland again; Tampa to Atlanta to arrive in Johannesburg 5 pm local time Wednesday. The year has passed so quickly! When Im working Swaz, I miss going to class. When Im in class, I miss working in Swaz. This time, Ill be working alone; Abhi and Alex won't be joining me (go check out their new project : www.fractureme.com).

Ill be taking lots of pictures and videos and providing detailed reports of the new objectives and progress. You can sign up for email updates through the little widget on the side. Im sad to leave my classes, friends, and family. Im calm because Ive already traveled this route before and know what to expect. Im nervous from the unknowns and the anxiety of the mission. Its time again to cross my fingers and jump!

No comments: